Monday, January 10, 2011

Rustic Masculine Family Room

I have a new client who just bought a new home. He is going for a rustic look (in a suburban area). I am typically not one who does "Rustic" so this was definitely a challenge.
sidenote: he actually said he wanted a cabin/mountain theme...then he bought THIS house! You can't do cabin in the burbs...

Here is what I came up with...

Jeff's Family Room

The grey tones down the black and white tile and adds a masculine feel with all the light wood. I tired to add the leather and hides for the "rustic" feel. I have not shown it to the client yet but I am hoping he goes for it.

What do you think? Are you feeling Rustic Suburban?

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Congrats to Jeffrey, I think it will turn out great. Great fabric choices too.

    Please deter him from putting any REAL animal heads on the wall ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He bought a house?! How exciting!!! Meagan you can totally make it work. I love the art piece btw, I always look at that guy's stuff online. It is perfect for Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meagan,
    I'm digging your inspiration board! I was on the hunt for rustic chic for Brett's Microsoft office space. I found this great local artist at the Issaquah Salmon Days. http://www.redhorsesigns.com/
    They customize the signs for free. For example, the sign in Brett's office now reads, "Rafuse River Ranch". Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this will all work great together....he'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete