Monday, December 5, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

On Saturday we headed to the Carnation Tree Farm (part of our "Shop Local Saturday"initiative) to go find our perfect Christmas tree for our new place. It was a wonderful tree farm with over 10 types of Christmas trees to choose from as well as great prices! They also have fresh kettle corn, a espresso stand, and santa that will take pictures with your hound!
My sister Alli found our tree. He was sitting all along and didn't look like much...Alli could see past this though.

We scored big time...this tree was marked as a 7/8 ft tree as was really a 9/10 foot tree. I thought we needed something bigger but come to find out it was just the right size.
The final product. I love it. It reminds me of the Pottery Barn tree, exactly the look I was going for!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Our tree ended up a little too short this year :(. I like Craig's Grizzly look, perfect for sawing down some timber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I liked that tree farm, but did you see the beautiful timber and river rock barn down the street from it? Next year I want to go there!

    ReplyDelete