Wednesday, October 13, 2010

An Evening with Chef Bobby Moore

Last night Craig and I headed out to Willows Lodge for a cooking demonstration with the Executive Chef of Barking Frog, Chef Bobby Moore. It takes place inside the hotels lobby bar. filled with big leather chairs, couches, and a fireplace. So, we found our seat, ordered some food and wine (off their Happy Hour menu...score!), and enjoyed the atmosphere.



They have two pigs at the property Basil & Borage. For those of you who know my love of pigs, this was of course my first stop! Basil so kindly came out to say hello when I called him...and didn't stay out long either when he realized that I didn't have anything to feed him.

one HAPPY camper right here!!!


This is Ruthie. She is the Lodge dog and official greeter.



Our other entertainment for the evening. He escaped from the winery across the street and hasn't tried to go back.



Chef Bobby Moore




The food was amazing. We are working on our guest list as we speak so I can test out these recipes for myself. We also plan on going back for the next one. I never pass up a free cooking demonstration where I can eat and drink wine!

4 comments:

  1. I might need that butternut squash soup recipe :) both dishes looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guest list? Yes, please. A piggy named Basil? Move over Craig, that screams your new house pet. :) Hope you had a good day doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! What a great evening. I love the Barking Frog.

    I didn't know your love for pigs but wish I had because I saw the cutest little pot belly looking for a home on craigslist a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to work at the Barking frog! Bobby gave me my first job in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete