Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I LOVE Ballard...

for many different reasons, the Sunday market that happens throughout the year, the Starbucks that is across the street, Bastille Cafe, AND...Cupcake Royal.

Last night after watching a movie I was really craving a sweet treat. Craig and I decided to go walk to the grocery store to get some low fat ice cream (we're trying to be good till our trip). When we crossed the street we made the mistake to look into the Cupcake Royal store front...in we went and ordered two cupcakes. Fortunately or unfortunately for us it was late night happy hour on cupcakes. The sale clerk lured us into adding 4 more cupcakes for $3! How do you pass that up?!?

So there I was with 6 cupcakes just staring at me. Now, if no one was looking I probably could have eaten 3 on my own but, I decided to take the skinny-er route...a knife.
(from the top left- Red Velvet, Triple Threat Chocolate, Coconut Bunny, Mint Chocolate, Lavender, and Carrot Cake)

Top if off with a latte and you have quite the Tuesday night, at 10:00pm! It will almost make you feel like you're in New York.

(the remaining cupcakes did NOT go home with us, the went to our neighbor for a late night quarter eaten surprise. That is nice, right? I couldn't throw them away)

2 comments:

  1. Cupcake Royal is the #1 reason I would live in Ballard. Being your neighbors and getting leftover cupcakes comes in close 2nd.

    Ah city living...I will never know what you're like *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckly for you, you have the "mirror of truth" just feet away to remind you of what might happen if you did happen to eat all those cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete