Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Design Board

I have a new favorite thing in our place, my new design board!

I found this amazing frame at a consignment shop around town for $30...little pricey for just a frame but I thought it was too pretty to pass up.
I went down to the hardware store and picked up a piece of 1/8" of MDF board and cut it to size. Then I took a piece of cork, cut it to size, and spray glued it to the wood. (you can find rolls of cork at the craft store)
Once that was secure I wrapped a piece of burlap around the board, lightly spray glued it to the cork.
A close up of the burlap
The finished project! I love it, so much that I can't decide what should be the first thing that should be hung on it!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! Just in time for...Christmas cards??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The white and burlap look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voila. A new, gorgeous posting! It fits your beautifully decorated place perfectly. Thanks again for a Ballard night in Saturday - it was just what I needed. Hope you are staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute. I have a frame that looks just like that! It was 10.00 at a garage sale :) Love a bargin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I'm going to try to make one for myself. Thanks for the idea Meagan!

    ReplyDelete