Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Media Wine Bar

A few years ago I bought this media cart for my apartment. When we moved into our new place there wasn't a need for it. I thought about selling it but didn't want to get less than I paid for it as it was less than two years old and in great shape! So, I came up with this...A NEW WINE BAR!
I purchased two wood wine cubes that were 20"x20"...lucky me as the width of the cart was 40"
I headed to the hardware store again and found a piece of plywood to put on the top of the wine boxes to be used as a counter. The key to save some $$ is to get a piece that is nice on one side and can have knots on the other. We cut it down to a 16"x24" piece of wood...just enough to have a few inches on all sides.
I also picked up a piece of trim to add a little flare to the wine bar. We trimmed it to size glued and nailed it to the sides then finished sanding.

I then began my painting. I stared with an Ebony stain, realized that wasn't going to do the trick so went an picked up a black satin latex paint.

To finish it off I called up the metal specialty shop and had them cut me a piece of stainless steel to size. (the 16 only showed up when the flash went off on the camera...no clue that was there!)

Ta DA! Another finished product that gets a LOT of use in our place!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I didn't realize you had made all that. You need to brag when people come to your house ;)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a lot of wine! Invite a girl over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, when I was there last week I said the same thing! She is unbelievably creative.

    Megs, fantastic thought to turn Queen Anne function in to Ballard function. LOVE IT!

    Hope your CA drive is/was safe. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete